Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Figuring out I have diabetes!

There is always that moment of truth lurking around the bend and mine was apparently not too far along. I knew it was just a matter of time given my mom had the condition and that my eating habits were anything but healthy , but the truth is hard to swallow.

It all started with a trip to my optometrist to get my annual eye examination done. I was stoked, had this nice frame picked out and could not wait to get rid of the Oakley's I have at the moment. One thing leads to another, the doctor is concerned, I can so tell something is wrong. She takes a breath and asks “Raj do you have high blood pressure and or diabetes?”

WHAT!!! Yeah that's what I blurted out and startled her a bit.  Took a second to compose myself and said “Yeah I believe I have BP but not quite sure about diabetes.”

Long story short, she had found that I had a few hemorrhages in the left eye, which are typically caused by Diabetes and or BP and she wanted me to go see a doctor immediately.

This one simple appointment had turned into a downward spiral as I would find out in the next few days. I’ll write about that later.

Over and out, Raj

NW Trek – Photographing animals a whole new experience

Like most organized events (ok you got me, none were this well organized), this one started as an interesting email thread by a fellow softi...